Wednesday, October 21

Dennisons'

Last night I went with four IMME girls to Mary Jane and Brian Dennison's home. Hands down the best meal I've had here so far. Lasagna, warm bread, apple pie (for all my gluten needs), chicken/pepper kebabs, real ice cream, crystal light lemonade. I haven't had any of these things for quite some time. The conversation was good too.

Mark Bartels, our program's director, invited me to help with a presentation he's working on concerning North American study abroad students and they can work toward a global identity versus a mere sense of adventure. It'll be an extra commitment but it's a very interesting topic.

Friday we leave for Kaptchurwa (sp?) for rural homestays in the mountain regions of the east which border Kenya. Apparently it's incredibly beautiful. I will be out of contact for ten days starting Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment