Tuesday, October 13

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Canada's thanksgiving, so we celebrated it on monkey hill with Silver and Suzan also. Suzan gathered firewood and we made smores, which neither she nor Silver had eaten before. It was great cuz we just chilled. Then afterward, we went all the way back to campus, then Suzan carried a jerri can of water from there to my house, at which point I sent Kevina to get all of us sodas from the supermarket. Then we talked for a long time. Suzan went out back to help Toto cook. I read the Qur'an and then sat on the porch to play my Adungu and sing When I Survey the Wonderous Cross. Some students stopped in the dark to listen from the path, and I was glad I could entice them. Suzan was told to stop helping cook (because Toto is so free and hospitable haha) and came to sit with me. She said she was going to go back to her hostel but Toto said "You can't prepare fish without eating it" - so yeah, then Suzan stayed for dinner. Then me and my siblings gave her a "push" past campus and we got back around 11. So yeah, it was an awesome day, and I am hoping today will be equally as good seeing as I might have an exam in Old Testament this morning. It's kind of random though because no professors know anything about it but all of the UCU students have some kind of sixth sense or something about when tests are going to occur. Some days I feel out of the loop, but it's all good. Today I also have to take one of my adungus back to the maker and see if he can fix one of the string's vibrations. So that's my random incohesive summary of the past day and today and stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment