Monday, November 9

Weekend

Friday one of our classes went to a Mosque in Kampala. That's cool and all besides the fact that we didn't actually go inside and we just listened to a speaker. Eh I guess it was cool, though I was expecting more.

Saturday was the Cultural Gala at UCU where students from all different tribes did their traditional dances and wore traditional outfits and stuff. Suzan and I also watched to Sigur Ros documentary which never fails to be amazing.

Sunday I met Suzan for prayers but we left early to reach the place where her father stays in Kampala when he is working. So basically he lives on his boss's property while he is driving. Otherwise he doesn't get paid much which means that Suzan has been lucky to go to school because every Ugandan family can basically live without money until it comes to school fees. So if kids want educated, it's all basically based on luck whether they get it or not. Suzan's younger siblings (who are born to another mother) probably won't get to go as far in their education. Anyway Suzan's dad likes me and all but because of African culture my age might be a problem for his approval. I guess it will take awhile for him to see that I am serious and not just a kid. In other news, Papa is back home from Gulu for two weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment