Wednesday, September 30

African Bush Harp

I bought an African Bush Harp. Josh Weed says that's what it is called because he searched it on google images. I think mine fluctuates around the key of G. It can put out a beautiful major 7 chord, and if you know what I like, you know I like that. Silver, my friend from UCU, took me to the shops and talked the guy down to 15000 shillings which is roughly US $7.50 - I still want to go back so I can buy a drum from the very nice lady who has a small child.

So Kevina says if I whistle at night, I am calling the ancestors to come visit me. This is a bad visit. The rest of the family members also confirmed this tradition. However, none of my ancestors visited me last night, so I know that this aspect of ATR is not entirely accurate.

I've been reading more of the Qur'an again, so I am excited to give a presentation next week on East African missionary relations with Muslims. I don't know what kind of info I will find.

Time for Wednesday - four classes. Six hours of class gets quite old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment