Tuesday, September 22

Yes, I Know This is My Third Post Today

I just found it necessary to document an event that just occurred, along with the two previous posts:

I just signed out the USP guitar for the first time to go to Zion Hill - the pretty part of campus - and refresh myself with playing music. It looked like another random hour long rainstorm was approaching, so I headed for cover to play guitar under the porch of an old stone building. As the rain picked up and drenched the palm trees, lyrics of old songs gained new meanings. A young girl sat down fifteen yards from me. As the rain grew heavier, she would curl up more. Eventually, the storm moved both of us into the semi-outdoor/semi-indoor lobby between offices. I continued to play for about an hour, her watching me, at times too embarrassed to make eye contact. The rain complimented my guitar, and at the end of some songs, there would be a burst of thunder. I finally fully experienced this African concept of presence. What it means to simply be with people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment