Friday, September 25

Today is Projected to be the Greatest Day

So in my only class today (which started at 7:30 this morning), we talked about how Jesus became a Jew as Paul became a Gentile, and in this world, we must follow Christ into culture and allow Him to become a Muslim, an Animist, a Hindu. Good stuff.

Anyway, we are going to celebrate Jill's birthday soon in which we will eat enchiladas and brownies and all those foods which we miss.

After that we are going to the football pitch to play a game of Ultimate Frisbee.

After that we are going to the Vice Chancellor's house for cookies.

After that I am going home to read more Dietrich Bonhoeffer while others go to the prayer/worship service that is going to last all night until 6 AM.

Soon I must order a cake for the birthdays of three of my siblings. Their birthdays fall on Monday, Friday, and next Sunday. All within one week of each other. It's gonna be a fun week and excuse for me to buy food. Speaking of which, the kids in the IMME quarters today have stopped sharing food because it is expensive, especially Nutella, which I have told Joy is illegal to eat in front of people without offering to the general public. So Brian and I pulled the "sharing depends on whether or not you want to be a disciple of Christ or not" card, but it has been unsuccessful. So out of spite Brian and I will go and buy many western foods and just give them away. We're even going to bring in a loud chorus of trumpets to announce that we are doing such things (in the name of Jesus).

0 comments:

Post a Comment