Thursday, September 17

Blisters

This morning I had Sam teach me how to make the omelets he makes for me each morning. After Dean had left for school, Sam asked me to come slash weeds and grass up the hill. I put on my gum boots and walked up with him to cut the grass. The problem is that we did not have a John Deere tractor, so we had to do it by hand. As a result, my hands are torn up with blisters, but hey, at least I get another two hours of "community engagement" for my IMME class since the labor was performed on the property of an Anglican church. I get the weirdest looks when I'm doing work. Passersby frequently comment to Sam not to overwork the mzungu. I don't know if they've ever seen a mzungu working!

This weekend we will be going to Jinja. I think we'll be speaking with various missionaries. I also signed up to go with my other Mennonite friends in IMME (there are three of us) to a missionary's home in Kampala for dinner in Nov. This missionary works with Mennonite Central Committee, which is worldwide a fantastic organization. I am excited to speak with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment